Bronze coin featuring James Buchanan bust and “No Sectionalism” on obverse and symbol for 31 states on reverse, issued for the 1856 presidential campaign. Donated by Boyd Lee Spahr, class of 1900, in 1960.
Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00061
Location: Shelf 3
A small gold metal and white and black enamel Sigma Chi fraternity pin. The pin is in the shape of a white cross with a black circle in the center with the greek letters Sigma and Chi in gold. Each arm of the cross features a different symbol referring to the fraternity. This object belonged to John Black Jr, ex-class of 1862.
Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2007.02_1
Location: Shelf 34 Box 1
A rectangular metal box with lid originally placed in the cornerstone of Emory Chapel in 1857. The inscription on the paper glued to the top of the lid reads "Box from Corner Stone of Emory Chapel."
Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00290
Location: Shelf 18
Tintype of Harriet Lane in a brown case with red velvet interior from around 1857. Lane, the niece of President James Buchanan, acted as First Lady of the United States from 1857 to 1861.
Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00321
Location: Shelf 25