Miscellaneous

Pocket Watch and Pocket Knife, 1917

This 12K gold pocket watch is engraved with the monogram H.L.P. The watch is attached by a chain to a Phi Beta Kappa key with the fraternity letters on one side with "Henry L. Price Dickinson 1917" and "December 5, 1770," the fraternity's founding, on the other. It is also attached to a monogrammed pocket knife kit.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 000844

Location: Shelf 25

Subject: Watch, Knife, Honor Societies

Format: Miscellaneous

Portable Wooden Writing Desk, c.1885

A small portable wooden writting desk with a lock, keys and an ink well. The inside flaps fold up to reveal a small storage space underneath and there is a small box with a lid to store pens. This object belonged to Zatae Longsdorff, class of 1887. 

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2002.2_1

Location: Shelf 32 Box 3

Subject: writing desk

Format: Miscellaneous

Pot with Lid, c.1960

A wooden pot and lid. This artifact was brought back from Nepal by Drs. Edgar and Elizabeth Bucke Miller, Class of 1920 and 1923 respectively.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 1999.3_46

Location: Shelf 31 Box 2

Subject: Nepal

Format: Glassware/Ceramics, Miscellaneous

Powder Box, 1937

Spherical black enamel box with metal base and white plastic top, Phi Kappa Sigma symbol in gold metal, from 1937.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00445

Location: Shelf 26 (housed with AC 00446)

Subject: Greek Life

Format: Miscellaneous

Raven's Claw Centennial Pens, 1996

Four black, retracting tip ballpoint pens with "Raven's Claw Centennial 1896-1996  written on them in gold. 

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00537

Location: Shelf 18 (housed with 00483, 00514-00515

Subject: Pens, Anniversaries

Format: Miscellaneous

Red Devil decals

Two decals of Red Devil sitting on a letter "D".

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00489

Location: Shelf 26 (housed with AC 00221, AC 00485, AC 00489, AC 00508-00510, AC 00516)

Subject: Red Devil, Decal

Format: Miscellaneous

Red Leather Wallet, 1769

A large wallet made of red leather with an ornate silver clasp (broken). The owner's name and the date, "WILLIAM TURNBULL 1769", are embossed in gold under the front flag of the wallet. The name "Alexander Turnbull" is also stamped on various folds within the wallet in black lettering. This item belonged to William Turnbull, son-in-law to Charles Nisbet, first president of Dickinson College.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2001.7_1

Location: Shelf 32

Subject: Wallet

Format: Miscellaneous

Ribbon to Accompany Medals

A long bar covered by multicolored ribbon with a small bronze colored star glued to the top of the bar. This object was meant to accompany the award medals received by Albert Louther Demaree, class of 1923. 

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2010.4_4

Location: Shelf 34 Box 1

Subject: Ribbons, Award Medals, Military

Format: Miscellaneous

Seal

A thick red circular wax seal from the Maharaja of Panna, India. A long, red tassel is attached to the back of the seal.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00331

Location: Shelf 25

Subject: Seal

Format: Miscellaneous

Sewn Leaf Bowl, c.1960

A bowl sewn from leaves. This artifact was brought back from Nepal by Drs. Edgar and Elizabeth Bucke Miller, Class of 1920 and 1923 respectively.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 1999.3_38

Location: Shelf 31 Box 2

Subject: Nepal

Format: Miscellaneous

Silver Candlesticks (2 pairs)

Two pairs of decorative silver candlesticks. One pair is Sheffield candlesticks and the other is Gorham silver candlesticks. These objects were donated in memory of Charles Frederick Mayer (Class of 1812 and Trustee 1834-36), great-great-grandfather of Anne Mayer Zug.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00585

Location: Shelf 36

Subject: Candlesticks

Format: Miscellaneous

Silver Knife Set

A black leather and red velvet flip-top box with three metal feet housing eleven silver knives and two small pronged silver forks. This set was owned by John Dickinson.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00250

Location: Shelf 20

Subject: knife set

Format: Miscellaneous

Small Beaded Drawstring Pouches (2), c.1890

Two small tan leather drawstring pouches from the Shoshone at Fort Hall Reservation, Idaho. One pouch is decorated with intricate bead work with red, blue and yellow beads. The other pouch is decorated with embroidered patterns in red and blue and features leather tassels at the bottom. Each pouch is tied off with a drawstring at the top. These pouches belonged to Zatae Longsdorff, class of 1887.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2002.2_9 and AC 2002.2_10

Location: Shelf 32 Box 4

Subject: pouch, bead work

Format: Miscellaneous

Small Beaded Pouch, c.1890

A small pouch from the Shoshone at Fort Hall Reservation, Idaho. The pouch is intricately decorated with pink, white, green, red, yellow and blue beadwork and has a length of beadwork attached to one of the top corners. This object belonged to Zatae Longsdorff, class of 1887.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2002.2_8

Location: Shelf 32 Box 4

Subject: pouch, bead work

Format: Miscellaneous

Small Blue Beaded Pouch (2), c.1890

Two small tan leather pouches from the Shoshone at Fort Hall Reservation, Idaho. The pouches are intricately and identically decorated with light blue, red, yellow, green, white and dark blue beads and leather tassels on the sides. These objects were owned by Zatae Longsdorff, class of 1887.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2002.2_7

Location: Shelf 32 Box 4

Subject: bead work

Format: Miscellaneous

Small Ceremonial Bell, c.1960

A small brass ceremonial bell used to awaken the deities. This artifact was brought back from Nepal by Drs. Edgar and Elizabeth Bucke Miller, Class of 1920 and 1923 respectively. 

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 1999.3_08

Location: Shelf 31 Box 1

Subject: Nepal, Bell

Format: Miscellaneous

Small Dark Blue Beaded Pouch, c.1890

A small dark blue pouch with some bead work in orange, red, green, white and black. A little handle is sown onto the corner of the pouch. This object is from the Shoshone Indians from the Fort Hall Reservation, Idaho, and belonged to Zatae Longsdorff, class of 1887. 

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2002.2_17

Location: Shelf 32 Box 4

Subject: pouch, bead work

Format: Miscellaneous

Small Toy Papoose with Doll, c.1890

A small toy papoose made of leather and decorated with red, blue, green and yellow bead work. A small porcelain doll is tied into the center of the papoose. This item comes from the Fort Hall Reservation, Idaho, and belonged to Zatae Longsdorff, class of 1887. 

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2002.2_12

Location: Shelf 32 Box 4

Subject: toy, bead work

Format: Miscellaneous

Small Toy Papoose, c.1890

A small toy papoose made of tan leather and colored hemp string. The toy is decorated with pink, green, red and blue bead work and a bundle of black cloth meant to represent a baby bundled in the papoose. A long multicolored hemp rope is attached to the back of the papoose. This item belonged to Zatae Longsdorff, class of 1887. 

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2002.2_11

Location: Shelf 32 Box 4

Subject: toy, bead work

Format: Miscellaneous

Spoon

Spoon found west of 255 West Louther St. when installing handicap ramp in Fall 2004.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00478

Location: Shelf 25 (housed with AC 00464)

Subject: Silverware, Construction

Format: Miscellaneous

Spurs

Iron spurs with leather straps and braided gold hat cord, c.1865, worn by Horatio C. King, class of 1858, who served in the Union Calvary during the U.S. Civil War.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00442

Location: Shelf 25

Subject: Military, Civil War

Format: Miscellaneous

Statue of Bhairava, c.1960

A wooden statue of Bhairava, god of power. This artifact was brought back from Nepal by Drs. Edgar and Elizabeth Bucke Miller, Class of 1920 and 1923 respectively.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 1999.3_37

Location: Shelf 31 Box 2

Subject: Nepal

Format: Artwork/Photography, Miscellaneous

Statue of Lama, c.1960

A wooden statue of Lama, a teacher or a monk. The drum symbolizes detachment of the body, and the ball symbolizes female wisdom. This artifact was brought back from Nepal by Drs. Edgar and Elizabeth Bucke Miller, Class of 1920 and 1923 respectively.

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 1999.3_29

Location: Shelf 31 Box 2

Subject: Nepal

Format: Artwork/Photography, Miscellaneous

Strings of Beads, c.1890

Eight strands of various colored and sized beads, many of which the ends are tied together to make bracelets. These objects are from the Shoshone Indians at Fort Hall Reservation, Idaho, and belonged to Zatae Longsdorff, class of 1887. 

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 2002.2_15

Location: Shelf 32 Box 4

Subject: bead work

Format: Miscellaneous

Time Capsule, 1857

A rectangular metal box with lid originally placed in the cornerstone of Emory Chapel in 1857. The inscription on the paper glued to the top of the lid reads "Box from Corner Stone of Emory Chapel."

Artifact/Collection Number: AC 00290

Location: Shelf 18

Subject: Time Capsule, Emory Chapel

Format: Miscellaneous

Pages

Subscribe to Miscellaneous