Carlisle

32nd College Training Detachment parade, 1944

Cadets from the 32nd College Training Detachment and their marching band on parade down High Street in Carlisle in 1944.

Amani Festival, 1999

Panoramic view of the Amani Festival on W. High Street in spring 1999.

Amani Festival, 1999

Panoramic view of the Amani Festival on W. High Street in spring 1999.

Amani Festival, 1999

Panoramic view of the Amani Festival on W. High Street in spring 1999.

Amani Festival, 1999

Panoramic view of the Amani Festival on W. High Street from spring 1999.

Amani Festival, 1999

Panoramic view of the Amani Festival on W. High Street in spring 1999.

Carlisle Indian School main entrance, 1914

Three individuals, possibly Dickinson College students, stand by the main entrance to the Carlisle Indian School on November 26, 1914.

Denny Homestead, c.1880

View of the Denny homestead on West High Street, midway between Pitt and West Streets, around 1880. This property is approximately where 141 W. High Street is located today.

George Murray's home, c.1885

View of George Murray's home, located at the northeast corner of N. West Street and Dickinson Avenue.  This site is where Phi Delta Theta built their fraternity house in 1931, which today is known at Stuart Hall.

House at W. High and N. West Streets, c.1890

View of Aunt Boyd's home around 1890. This residence, located at the northeast corner of W. High and N. West Streets, is the site on which Denny Hall was later constructed.

International Shoe Company, 1978

View of the International Shoe Company building on West Louther Street in 1978, which was first built by John Lindner for his shoe company in 1891.

This building is now home to Dickinson's Goodyear studio and gallery as well as student apartments.

Leupp Art Studio, 1914

Three individuals, possibly Dickinson College students, stand outside the Leupp Art Studio at the Carlisle Indian School on November 26, 1914.

Leupp Art Studio, 1914

Two women, possibly Dickinson College students, stand outside the Leupp Art Studio at the Carlisle Indian School on November 26, 1914.

M. F. Murray Warehouse, c.1880

View of the M. F. Murray Warehouse, located on the corner of W. High and S. College Streets, around 1880. The Robert A. Waidner Admissions House currently stands at this location. 

Phi Kappa Sigma Room, 1898

View of the Phi Kappa Sigma Room, which is located above Stambaugh's Store on the corner of Pitt and Main Streets in Carlisle, in 1898. 

Simon and Priscilla Denny Bond's house, c.1885

View of Simon and Priscilla Denny Bond's house around 1885. This residence, located at the northeastcorner of W. High and N. West Streets, is where Denny Hall was later constructed.

St. Paul Lutheran Church, c.1920

View of St. Paul Lutheran Church around 1920. This church is located on the corner of W. Louther and N. West Streets in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. 

Warehouse at W. High and S. West Streets, c.1870

View of R. C. Woodward warehouse located on the southwest corner of W. High and S. West Streets around 1870. The house pictured to the right of the warehouse was purchased in 1890 to be the home of George Edward Reed, president of Dickinson College.

West High and College Streets, c.1880

View of the corner at West High and College Streets around 1880.

Subscribe to Carlisle