Browse Image Archive by Thing

Herbert S. Alexander, 1971

Herbert S. Alexander, 1971

Psychology professor Herbert Alexander, advisor to Hillel, (on right) helps to unroll a Torah scroll in 1971.

Baseball Team, 1898

Baseball Team, 1898

The Dickinson College baseball team of 1898 poses with the school's mascot, Dick the Dog.

Biology Lab

Biology Lab, c.1955

Professor Milton Eddy's (standing, center back) biology class performs a microscopy lab circa 1955.

Biology lab

Biology lab, 1996

Professor Anthony Pires (left) supervises two students performing a biology lab in March 1996.

Roscoe O. Bonisteel Observatory, c.1965

Roscoe O. Bonisteel Observatory, c.1965

Professor Henry Yeagley points at the Bonisteel Observatory's retractable roof. This observatory was on the roof of Althouse Hall in 1965.

Roscoe O. Bonisteel Observatory, c.1965

Roscoe O. Bonisteel Observatory, c.1965

Professor Henry Yeagley with students at the Bonisteel Observatory on the roof of Althouse Hall around 1965.

Bonisteel Planetarium starfield projector, 1963

Bonisteel Planetarium starfield projector, 1963

Five students stand by the Bonisteel Planetarium starfield projector in 1963.

Bosler Hall, the Learning Center, c.1970

Bosler Hall, the Learning Center, c.1970

A class being held in The Learning Center, located in Bosler Hall.

See the issue of the Dickinsonian from November 6th, 1970 for more information.

Charles Francis Himes in Tome lab, c.1890

Charles Francis Himes in Tome lab, c.1890

Professor Charles Francis Himes in a laboratory in the Tome Scientific Building, circa 1890.

Cheerleaders chatting at a game, 1958

Cheerleaders chatting at a game, 1958

Cheerleaders mill around with the Red Devil mascot at a football game in fall 1958.

Chemistry lab

Chemistry lab, c.1945

Students perform a chemistry lab in Tome circa 1945.

Chemistry lab, c.1950

Chemistry lab, c.1950

Dr. Horace E. Rogers (far left) supervises three students performing a chemistry lab in Tome.  Second from left: Bayard W. Allmond, Jr., '56.  Second from right: Barbara S. Allen, '56. 

Chemistry lab

Chemistry lab, c.1960

A chemistry professor supervises two students performing a lab exercise circa 1960.

Chemistry lab

Chemistry lab, c.1970

A student performs a chemistry lab circa 1970.

Chemistry professor and student

Chemistry professor and student, 1975

A chemistry professor observes an experiment with a student in 1975.

Chemistry research

Chemistry research, c.1958

Professor M. Benton Naff leads students in research using a hydrogenation apparatus circa 1958.

Chemistry student

Chemistry student, c.1955

A student pours a reagent into a beaker in a chemistry lab exercise circa 1955.

Class in Baird Biology Building, c.1950

Class in Baird Biology Building, c.1950

Students during a class in Baird Biology Building around 1950.

Computer science class

Computer science class, 1988

A student works in a computer science class while her professor helps a student two rows ahead.

Computer science lab

Computer science lab, c.1980

Two students operate a computer for their computer science class.

Computer science lab

Computer science lab, 1991

Students participate in a computer science lab exercise in November 1991.

Foreground: Andrea Chen, '94

Conestoga Wagon, c.1990

Conestoga Wagon, c.1990

The Conestoga Wagon, seen here in a circa 1990 photograph, is awarded to the winner of the annual football game between Franklin & Marshall College and Dickinson College. President A. Lee Fritschler and Director of Athletics Les Poolman hold...

Cupola of West College, c.1895

Cupola of West College, c.1895

The cupola of West College, with a man standing inside next to the bell, circa 1895.  The mermaid is visible on the top of the cupola.

Dick the Dog lounging, 1901

Dick the Dog lounging, 1901

Dick the Dog lays on the lawn outside Old West in 1901.

Dick the dog, college mascot, 1898

Dick the dog, college mascot, 1898

Profile view of Dick the dog, college mascot, standing.

Pages