Planetarium Dedication

Sat., Nov. 8, 1958

On Saturday Nov. 8, 1958, the Roscoe O. Bonisteel Planetarium was dedicated,  as part of the re-dedication of the Tome Scientific Building (now the Stern Center) which had been renovated. The planetarium was designed by Henry L. Yeagley, professor of natural philosophy, and built thanks to a $50,000 gift from Roscoe O. Bonisteel, class of 1912. The event was held during homecoming weekend, just before the dedication of the new C. Scott Althouse Science Hall.


Dedication Program, Tome Scientific Building Dickinson Encyclopedia Entry