Armstrong Hall (1964-present)

Armstrong Hall

One of ten buildings that made up Dickinson College’s Fraternity Quadrangle, Armstrong Hall (Quad 8) was first used in September 1964 as the residence of the Phi Kappa Sigma fraternity. The hall was designed by Howell Lewis Shay and Associates and cost approximately $200,000. After the Phi Kappa Sigma fraternity moved out, the building continued to serve as a general residence hall.

This building, one of the four “lower quads,” was later named for John Armstrong, one of the nine founding patentees of the Carlisle Grammar School, as well as one of the founding trustees of Dickinson College in 1783.

Author of Post: 
Dickinson College Archives
Date of Post: