Cooper Hall (1964-present)

Cooper Hall

One of six residence halls that make up Dickinson College’s “Upper Quad,” in the Fraternity Quadrangle, Cooper Hall (Quad 3) began housing students in September 1964. It is named after Thomas Cooper, friend of Joseph Priestley and professor of natural philosophy and chemistry from 1811 to 1815. Members of the Kappa Sigma fraternity were the first students to occupy the hall, which later became a general residence hall.

Cooper Hall was designed by Howell Lewis Shay and Associates, and constructed at a cost of approximately $200,000. The building was completely remodeled in 1998.

Author of Post: 
Dickinson College Archives
Date of Post: