Davidson Hall (1964-2005)

Check In at Davidson Hall, 1995

One of four residence halls that make up Dickinson College’s “Lower Quad,” Davidson Hall (Quad 10) was originally one of the ten buildings constructed to house the College’s fraternities in the 1960s. Davidson first housed students in September 1964, as the home of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity, and later became a general residence hall.

The building was named in honor of Robert Davidson, one of the first professors, and subsequently the second president of Dickinson College, 1804-1809. Davidson also served as pastor of the Carlisle Presbyterian Church for more than 25 years. The building was designed by Howell Lewis Shay and Associates, and constructed at a cost of approximately $200,000.

Author of Post: 
Dickinson College Archives
Date of Post: