Filler Hall (1959-1963)

Filler Hall, c.1960

Acquired by the College at a cost of $32,000, Filler Hall, the former residence of R. P. Masland, was purchased in March of 1959. Located along North College Street, the building was named in honor of former college president Mervin Grant Filler, class of 1893. Shortly after its purchase, Filler Hall underwent an extensive renovation which included the addition of a thirty-booth electronic language lab. Richard C. Reed designed the renovation, which was made possible by a $50,000 gift from Iréneé du Pont.

In the summer of 1963, just over four years after it was purchased, Filler Hall was razed to provide room for the construction of the Holland Union Building.

Author of Post: 
Dickinson College Archives
Date of Post: