Kappa Sigma House (c.1932-1963)

Kappa Sigma house, 1947

Sometime after 1932, the Kappa Sigma fraternity moved out of the east end of East College and into a house on the northeast corner of College and Louther Streets. The third floor of the large home provided dormitory space for the members, while study rooms occupied the first and second floors. The basement contained a recreational room. In 1961 the rise in numbers in the fraternity prompted the purchase of a carriage house to the rear of the main building to provide additional social and dormitory space.

The house was destroyed by fire on December 16, 1963, and in 1964 the group moved to Quad 3 (now Cooper Hall) in the Fraternity Quadrangle.

Author of Post: 
Dickinson College Archives
Date of Post: