Alpha Chi Rho House (1919-1946)
The Alpha Chi Rho fraternity purchased a house at 36 North College Street in January of 1919 at a cost of $8,000. The fraternity occupied this house until 1946, during which time the house underwent a series of major renovations, including a complete remodeling of the interior in 1926. In 1946 the fraternity purchased the former home of Abram Bosler at the corner of High and College Streets, and in turn sold their house to Phi Epsilon Pi, who moved out of the eastern section of East College. By this time, the façade of the building had been refaced in brick and a larger porch was added.
Phi Epsilon Pi occupied this house until it was sold to the College and razed in 1963 to make room for the Holland Union Building.
Date of Post: