Sprinkler Malfunctions During Fire at Phi Epsilon Pi Fraternity House

Thu., Jan. 27, 1983

A fire broke out on the third floor of the Phi Epsilon Pi fraternity house. The fire was not major, and the damage was nominal, but the sprinkler system failed to go off. The sprinklers failed to go off because of a valve that was installed backwards on the sprinkler above where the fire originated. This incident showed the lack of an established evacuation plan.

Event Type: 

Dickinsonian, Feb. 3, 1983, pg. 5.