Dickinson Alumnus, May 1948

Selected Highlights from this Issue: 
  • The College launched a ten-year development program for building and additional endowment with a goal of $750,000.
  • The new South College, which was located behind the Alumni Gymnasium, opened.
  • The College held a four day celebration of the 175th anniversary of the founding of Dickinson College. The program included a parade with several dozen floats that depicted events in the College's history.
  • Henry Logan (class of 1910) created the M. William Wedell Scholarship Fund with a $15,000 donation.
  • President William W. Edel (class of 1915) dedicated the Benjamin Rush campus, which had formally been called the Mooreland campus.
Download Issue: