Dickinsonian Newspaper

Dickinsonian, February 1893

Mrs. Mary O'Hara Spring and Miss Matilda W. Denny of Pittsburgh donate two properties on Main Street to the college; President Reed hopes to build a recitation hall on the O'Hara Spring property, which becomes Denny Hall.  The Denny property is sold to fund the construction. A floor is added to the gymnasium above the bowling alley for the purpose of indoor baseball practice, boxing, wrestling, and fencing. YMCA observes day of prayer.