Dickinsonian Newspaper

Dickinsonian, September 28, 1916

The new academic year opens with a ceremony; Professor Leon C. Prince gives matriculation sermon. Wilbur H. Norcross ’07 and G. Lafayette Cram join faculty. Miss Helen Burns ’12 becomes college librarian. Sophomores win annual flag scrap. YMCA holds annual reception for new students. Metzger Hall is renovated and fitted with electric lights; has highest occupancy yet. The deceased Professor William Lambert Gooding is remembered. Conway Hall, South College, and Biddle Field are renovated.